cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 design studio will not build.  Error: Program "make" not found in PATH

Jump to solution
shanescott
Contributor III

S32 design studio v1.1 will not build any projects for me including example and template projects.  The error is " Error: Program "make" not found in PATH"

Here is the S32 version info

S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture

Version: 1.1
Build id: 160608

Any ideas?  Thanks  

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shane,

did you try to create new workspace for S32DS version 1.1? I tried to use workspace created by S32DS v1.0 for working with S32DS v1.1 and I remember there was a issue with Program "make" not found in PATH.  

When you start S32DS, create new workspace and try it again. Please let me know if it helps you.

Regards,

Martin 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you already installed S32 Design Studio for Power v1.1 update? If not, please look at the following link and install this update.

NEW S32 Design Studio for Power v1.1 - Update 1 available 

Could you please share the procedure you try to add the project to the workspace? I tested import Existing Project into Workspace and also import S32DS Example project and both works correct.

pastedImage_3.png

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
shanescott
Contributor III

Yes I did install the update. Just to be sure I went ahead and uninstalled v1.0 and v1.1 and did a clean install and ran the update again with the same result.

I have tried to build four different projects so far:  

An existing project which ran fine on v1.0 so was already in the workspace and did not need to be imported.  

A new project created by selecting "File"  "New"  "New S32DS Project".  

A new project created by selecting "File"  "New"  "New S32DS Project From Example".

An S32 example project imported as you showed.

Always the same error:

Error: Program "make" not found in PATH    

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shane,

did you try to create new workspace for S32DS version 1.1? I tried to use workspace created by S32DS v1.0 for working with S32DS v1.1 and I remember there was a issue with Program "make" not found in PATH.  

When you start S32DS, create new workspace and try it again. Please let me know if it helps you.

Regards,

Martin 

0 Kudos
shanescott
Contributor III

That was it. Thanks Martin!

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:49 AM, b55689 <admin@community.freescale.com>

yibbidy
Contributor V

Are you using the Windows or Linux version?

Shaun

0 Kudos
shanescott
Contributor III

Windows

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 6:34 PM, yibbidy <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos
yibbidy
Contributor V

Darn.  Sorry Shane, I haven't used Windows for years, I wouldn’t know where to start, I was hoping you were using the Linux version.

0 Kudos