Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio works very slow to the point that is unusable

nxp52415
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

This issue has been found in all the PCs of the customer. After upgrading S32DS to following version:

S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform
Version: 3.5
Build id: 230226 (Update 2)

Everything becomes too slow, to the point that just to edit one character in the code hangs the computer for a couple of seconds.

The Device specifications of the customer machines are:

nxp52415_0-1686745219490.png

Which should be OK.

Do you have any more reports in this direction? or Any tips to help the customer here?

Regards

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nxp52415
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I passed this recommendation to the customer. I received now the feedback that unfortunately this did not improve things.

Do you have any other suggestions which can help here?

Regards

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We have a working S32DS v3.5 with the *.ini file modified to use up to 4GB of our RAM, we are not seeing any slow character processing nor compilation struggles. Could be that the customer is using applications with heavy RAM usage which in the end is not infinite.

Is S32DS slow on its own? Or when they are using additional applications? Some applications could use up to 16GB of RAM, which if 2 are open, then all their RAM budget is gone.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You could add more RAM to the application by modifying the "s32ds.ini" located in the following path:

"C:\nxp\S32DS.3.4\eclipse"

The variable "Xmx" should be the max RAM that can be used by S32DS, you could increase the value, with caution.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Fidel
Contributor IV

Would you please help to explain all the parameters in the S32DS.ini? or in other words , would you please tell me the meaning of everyline in the s32ds.ini? thanks a lot~

Tags (1)
0 Kudos