S32 Design Studio Crashes when Switching to Configuration View (Ubuntu 20.04)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio Crashes when Switching to Configuration View (Ubuntu 20.04)

tunabicim
Contributor II

Hello,

I have installed S32 Design Studio to Ubuntu 20.04 following 18.04 installation steps.

I am trying to run FreeRTOS example for S32K344 dev board.

The IDE runs well until I try to open a .mex file which tries to load the pin configuration script which crashes it.

I have tried running from s32ds.sh script and the desktop shortcut created by the installer.

Both result in the same behavior.

I have attached the console output log to the post.

Can you please help me with the program crashes?

I have installed 3.3 to see if the problem is there too but 3.3 does not come with S32K3 development package. 

Thank you, Tuna Bicim

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

tunabicim
Contributor II

Hello Jiri,

The config tool is installed together with the IDE, there is no manual installation. At least the instructions on the download website did not specify a manual install.

All examples rely on generated code to function.

If the config tool is not supported are you telling me all the examples are useless for Linux?

- Tuna

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

actually the FreeRTOS is package includes some update in config tool (as I understand it), and FreeRTOS  package is not tested and released for Linux host OS. 

If I'm correct, the FreeRTOS support for S32K3xx is not available from package manager on Linux host and you need to install it manually by Install New Software option. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

tunabicim
Contributor II

Yes FreeRTOS package is manual update but S32K344 Development package is not and those examples require pin and peripheral config as well.

ANY example for these chips requires some sort of code generation be it FreeRTOS or not. 

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

sorry - to be more precise - plain config tool itself is working, but FreeRTOS package comes with RTD which is not compatible with Linux OS - and FreeRTOS and RTD is controlled by Config tool. This combination cause the issue. It is known issue and the reason why the FreeRTOS package is not supported on Linux OS.  

Jiri

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

unfortunately the config tool is not supported on Linux host - that's also reason why you need to install it manually  and it is not available in package manager. 

Jiri

0 Kudos