Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PEmicro GDB Launch Failure : Illegal Device Type

Jump to solution
rbutler87
Contributor I

Hi! 

I am trying to debug the S32K358 using OpenSDA on S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform (v3.5). When I try to debug I get the following message:

Error in services launch sequence
PEmicro GDB Launch Failure : Illegal Device Type (NXP_S32K3xx_S32K358). See -devicelist commandline parameter. If run from Eclipse, check the device settings in the launch Debug Configuration. Halting.

When I go to the debug configurations for my project, under PEMicro Debugger->Select Device, S32K358 is not an option. It only goes up to S32K344-SECUREDEBUG.

I have no problem creating an S32K358 project as S32K358 is part of the drop down list when you create a new empty project under S32DS Application Project. The problem is that I don't seem to have the PE drivers that support this processor. 

I have checked all of the available software under Help->Install New Software and confirmed that all PEMicro Software installs were already installed. 

If there is a special offline installer for the OpenSDA for this specific micro, can you please tell me the specific package I need? It is becoming difficult to know what I need with the way you have to install a bunch of different packages (which is super slow - I've spent multiple days now) so I cannot tell easily which package is missing. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rbutler87
Contributor I

Hi! I was able to get the package and get the correct drivers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rbutler87
Contributor I

Hi! I was able to get the package and get the correct drivers. Thanks!

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

there was new Dev package and RTD release for S32K358 on March 31, please download the latest version from your software account. This version contains all required patches/updates. 

Jiri

0 Kudos