New license for S32DS for ARM 2018.R1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New license for S32DS for ARM 2018.R1

brucebowling
Contributor I

I have an old S32K144 project that used the S32DS ARM 2018.R1, and apparently my license is missing or expired, and is asking for an activation code. I know that I should upgrade to the latest version, however I am testing a new board revision and I don't want to me debugging hardware and a new tools install at the same time. Is it possible to obtain an extended license? Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies

brucebowling
Contributor I

Tried again, and I get the "Activation code is for another feature, do you want to return it?". This time I said yes, and it just goes back to the license missing dialog. I tried restarting a couple of times and trying Yes and No, same result. I used the 76A4 code when I tried it. Not sure what is going on...

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bruce,

I did some more checking, it seems the code ending with "76A4" is associated with "S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.1" and the one ending with "8603" is associated with "S32 Design Studio for ARM v2018".

I also notice you have a code ending with "90B2" for S32 Design Studio version v.3.5 and one ending with "491B" is for "S32 Design Studio for e200 v2.0".

There was an issue in the past regarding the licenses for the S32 Design Studio for ARM. If the license was near expiration, then an issue could occur where the trusted storage would become corrupted and you could not re-activate without re-initializing the trusted storage. It could be this is the problem you are experiencing. Please try the following:

-> Delete 'C:\ProgramData\FLEXNet'

This folder may be hidden by default, so then it would be necessary to change Windows Explorer settings to show hidden items.

After this, try to activate again and if it asks to return the license, select Yes and try once more.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

brucebowling
Contributor I

Thanks for the follow-up. I tried using my original activation code from a 2018 email and it says wrong activation code. I then went to my NXP license website and see the license with the extended date, but this activation code is different. I tried using this new code from the site and I get "your software activation code is for another feature. Do you want to return it?". This sounds scary so I say NO and it kicks out _ am afraid that I will clobber another tool by returning the feature?

My original activation code ended with "76A4", and the new one listed in the manager ends with "8603".

Thanks for the assistance - Bruce

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bruce,

Ok, I have now extended the license with the activation code ending "76A4" through 2025. Probably this is the one you need. The way these have been named in our system, it's not always clear which is the one you are using. Anyway, you should be able to activate now.

Let me know if any further issues.

Mike

0 Kudos

brucebowling
Contributor I

I can provide the Activation Code and Machine from the original registration if this helps.I do not see on the NXP license site how to renew a license, I assume it is possible to extend?

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bruce,

Apologies for the delay. I was out for 2 weeks and it seems my colleagues overlooked this request.

I have extended your entitlement through 2025, you should be able to re-activate using your existing activation code.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos