cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLCE Gateway demo license fails

ofer-bahar-guardknox
Contributor IV

Hello

I’m trying to set the LLCE gateway demo with the NXP S32G2 and walking through the user guide

I'm working with  EB Tresos evaluation license (single user)

The step of EB Tresos for starting the LLCE configuration result with an error of “no license for module CAN_43_LLCE_TE_T40…..”

Appreciate your assistance on this error

which LLCE license is it looking for or am I missing?

Regards

Ofer

0 Kudos
8 Replies

ofer-bahar-guardknox
Contributor IV

Hi Again

Only to be sure I attach the guide with this demo

Is this the one you meant and the simple LLCE example ?

Regards

0 Kudos

ofer-bahar-guardknox
Contributor IV

Hi

I assume you mean the LLCE-CAN-LIN-S32DS-integration_S32G-demo 

oferbaharguardknox_0-1687469225242.png

(If not, please correct me)

I will try it and let you know 

Thanks

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We were referring to the LLCE examples provided when the LLCE package is installed, as shown in the image below:

DanielAguirre_0-1687470258053.png

Another possibility is to verify one of the RTD examples that are available under Tresos, to confirm if there is any issue on regards of the installation.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

ofer-bahar-guardknox
Contributor IV

Hi 

After many tries, searches, installations of the corrects RTD / LLC... must say that I'm frustrated !!

I have 20+ years of experience with embedded coding and platforms,... all of them TI, Microchip, ST , never had SO complicated and not user friendly start 

The sample projects you made a screenshot - is a makefile project (.project)? is that true?

oferbaharguardknox_0-1687506630488.png

Doesn't NXP have 'out of the box' S32DS projects for good jump start with its RTD / LLCE etc ? (.cproject)

Is there 'newbe' step by step instructions of how to either import or make a new CAN2CAN project ?

I also tried creating a new project from the S32DS AUTOSAR RTD example (CAN_example_CT)

oferbaharguardknox_2-1687507118678.png

Even this one does not build without errors

oferbaharguardknox_1-1687507108463.png

H.E.L.P !!!

0 Kudos

ofer-bahar-guardknox
Contributor IV

Creating the same example project from the

S32_RTD_AUTOSAR_ 4.4 D2203 Example projects 

results in a project which i also have to add SDK component for each 'error' one 

but at least it eventually being built OK

oferbaharguardknox_0-1687509111957.png

Doing the same add SDK component for the same example but from the S32_RTD_AUTOSAR_ 4.4 D2203  - does nothing and the error are not resolved !

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We may have misunderstand this last comment. The "error" you are seeing under the Config Tools is related to not generating the code. If we import an RTD example then open the same view, we will see a similar/same scenario than the one you are seeing, image below:

DanielAguirre_0-1687546416692.png

Once we click the "Update Code" button (circled in red on the previous image), we will stop seeing this "error":

DanielAguirre_1-1687546485188.png

This should be documented under the steps provided inside the "description.txt" file attached to each example project.

As for the previous "errors" you are mentioning, this step seems to be missing, which is to generate the code from Config Tools. All examples under the RTD/LLCE should be out-of-the-box. Emphasis in should be, since there are known issues under RTD v3.0.2 and LLCE v1.0.4 documented in this community.

As for the LLCE/RTD compatibility, each LLCE package contains a Release Notes, which mentions which RTD package it is compatible with. RTD will be the base of all the other packages, you need to take care of the compatibility of the other packages with your RTD.

We can also recommend using the "Automotive Software Package Manager" available under the S32G2 product page (link: S32G2 Safe and Secure Vehicle Network Processor | NXP Semiconductors) since it provides bundles where all packages should be compatible one with the others.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

ofer-bahar-guardknox
Contributor IV
Will try this and let you know if it works
thanks
0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It may seem that EB Tresos is not detecting your license since we cannot replicate the errors you are seeing. You say you are using the LLCE Gateway demo, have you tried a simple LLCE example? To verify if this is related to the package.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos