Issue with S32 Design Studio for ARM 2.2 (Windows)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with S32 Design Studio for ARM 2.2 (Windows)

MPC8313ERDB_h
Contributor III

I have installed S32DS-V2.2 (Windows)
I set it to use my older (S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1) workspace and set it as a default workspace. However, when I tried to compile my projects with the new IDE, a message: Program "make" not found in PATH appeared.

I checked my Windows PATH environment variable, and it does include the new path. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled the IDE, but the issue retained.

Thanks to the list of history questions, I figured out that the issue is possibly selecting the non-default workspace. Indeed, after setting the default workspace (C:\Users\'name'\workspaceS32DS.ARM.2.2\) I was able (after import) my old projects.

I hope a fix (which I believe requires a minor effort) will be submitted soon.

David

DoGav Systems Ltd.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

MPC8313ERDB_h
Contributor III

Thank you, Stan, for your clarification.

I still suggest that NXP provides a fix, so we have a liberty to select our favor workspace, or to recycle an existing one. After all, the installer offers the selection option.

Best Regards,

David

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

Thank you for sharing the issue + solution on NXP community.

Indeed it is not recommended to open older version workspace in S32DS for ARM v2.2.

The issue is caused by the fact that the internal organization of S32DS folders has changed

e.g. build tools gcc folders has moved from 

<S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1>\Cross_Tools\gcc-arm-none-eabi-*

to

c:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2.2\S32DS\build_tools\gcc_*

Therefore it is recommended to import the projects from an oriinal workspace into a new one created in S32DS for ARM v2.2.

Hope it helps.

Stan

lihaidong
Contributor I

The best solution to fix this problem! Thank you~

0 Kudos