cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect PATH in S32DS for PowerPC 2.1 update 2

Jump to solution
AndreiC
Contributor III

I grabbed the installer for Windows, S32DS_PA_2.1_UP2.zip, installed everything straight out of the box, and when I try and build my existing firmware project, the build bombs on not being able to find 'make' in the path.

I checked around and make.exe is stored in:

C:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v2.1\S32DS\build_tools\msys32\usr\bin

but the PATH in eclipse is set up to look in:

C:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v2.1\utils\msys32\usr\bin

which doesn't exist.

...and, of course, I can't find the proper variable in the preferences tab to see if I can get around this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrei

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello AndreiC‌,

We have a Migration Guide included in the documentation, but now it has been included on the community site. https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-344945 

Please try these steps and see if it resolves the issues.

Hope it helps,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello AndreiC‌,

We have a Migration Guide included in the documentation, but now it has been included on the community site. https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-344945 

Please try these steps and see if it resolves the issues.

Hope it helps,

Mike

0 Kudos
AndreiC
Contributor III

I thought that I'd just add that I uninstalled 2.1U2 and installed 2.1.

Not only does it have the same issue with the path, but it has all sorts of UI issues in the new project dialog that I never encountered with 2017.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

it looks that the path is taken from previous version of S32DS - I'll try to reproduce it on my machine. The online update is working okay. 

Jiri

0 Kudos
AndreiC
Contributor III

Surely I can't be the only one using this software. That would be 1) terrifying and 2) unfortunate.

On the other hand, is there any plan to rev gcc to something greater than 4.9.4? Is NXP doing anything to assure that there is someone working on keeping gcc up to date or is the MPC line destined for Not Recommended for New Products status?

0 Kudos