Did you mean: 

IAR Embedded Workbench Eclipse Plugin Problem In S32DS for ARM

Jump to solution
turgaykale
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using S32DS for ARM v2.2.

turgaykale_0-1640874181115.png

I want to add IAR Eclipse plugin into S32 Design Studio as the steps mentioned in the attached document "How to Install IAR Eclipse plug-in into S32 Design Studio for ARM".

turgaykale_2-1640873358882.png

After installing IAR plugin manager as above, there is no "IAR Embedded Workbench" title in the Preferences as below.

turgaykale_0-1640872950923.png

On the other hand, then when go to "Help -> IAR Embedded Workbench Plugin Manager" to install plugins, there is no available IAR Embedded Workbench installations seen on the right window as below.

turgaykale_1-1640873050347.png

When I search the issue in the community titles, I don't see any updated information. Would you please share the latest information about this issue and share the solution if exists ?

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @turgaykale,

The instructions provided for the IAR Eclipse Plugin are just an aid. IAR makes changes to their plugin and we don't often update the instructions on our site.

Our advice is that you should:

1) check that the version of the plugin matches with the version of IAR you have installed. 

2) the Eclipse version used by S32 Design Studio for Arm changed over the releases. Check that the IAR plugin you installed is correct for the version of Eclipse used by the version of S32 Design Studio for Arm you have installed.

3) contact IAR for support with installation of their plugin.

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
turgaykale
Contributor III

Thank you for your support Mike

0 Kudos
b13310
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hello, 

we were reporting similar issue to IAR and they recommended to install the plugins directly from the update site at http://eclipse-update.iar.com/arm/9.10/ from “Help>Install New Software”

Please try if this would help.

0 Kudos
turgaykale
Contributor III

Installing the plugin from http://eclipse-update.iar.com/arm/9.10/ doesn't solve the problem.

0 Kudos
b13310
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I got the following answer from IAR:
----
Looks like the plugin manager cannot automatically find the install location of EW from the Windows registry.
Did they try to use the "Add Embedded Workbench Installation" button? They can then browse to the install location manually, so that the plugin manager will add it to the list.

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @turgaykale,

The instructions provided for the IAR Eclipse Plugin are just an aid. IAR makes changes to their plugin and we don't often update the instructions on our site.

Our advice is that you should:

1) check that the version of the plugin matches with the version of IAR you have installed. 

2) the Eclipse version used by S32 Design Studio for Arm changed over the releases. Check that the IAR plugin you installed is correct for the version of Eclipse used by the version of S32 Design Studio for Arm you have installed.

3) contact IAR for support with installation of their plugin.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos