cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call external dynamic link library DLL in S32DS

naivewei
Contributor II

Hi:

Can external dynamic link library DLL or static link library Lib be called in S32DS? If so, how should it be configured? Can libraries written in other programming languages (not C language) be called?

Looking forward to your reply

0 Kudos
6 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

What is your target MCU?  Basically - .dll is library used on MS Windows OS, it is not possible use it on target device. 

You can link functions from static library archive (.a) - doesn't matter in which language is library source code written, but the library needs to be compiled for target architecture.  

Jiri

0 Kudos

naivewei
Contributor II

Hi  @jiri_kral ,

Thank you for your reply, My target MCU is NXP MPC5744P Development board.

Can only .a files be called in S32DS? Is it possible to call .lib files?

How should the library be compiled for the target architecture? Can you provide some help documentation.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

create New S32DS Library project for target MCU, add library source code into project and compile it - the very same procedure as an executable project, but the output is library archive:

jiri_kral_0-1638952967138.png

To be honest, I never try to link .lib file, but technically it should be okay. 

Anyway - what is your goal? 

Jiri

0 Kudos

naivewei
Contributor II

Hi  @jiri_kral ,

I want to call the function in a .lib file provided by a third party, they don’t want to provide the source code.

I have an idea that maybe they can write their source code in s32ds, and then generate .a files for me to call. But they can only provide .lib files and .h files, so I want to try to call their .lib files in s32ds, I want to know if this is feasible.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I see, well, if it is existing compiled library without sources - I'm afraid that there is no way how to use it with target MCU (assume that the library is compiled for x86/x64  architecture). What kind of library it is? It is possible, that there is already existing one (or similar one) for PorwerPC. 

0 Kudos

naivewei
Contributor II

By the way, I am using the S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture

0 Kudos