Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 127 while building any project on S32DS

Jump to solution
Luffy_D
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hello, 
I am trying to build S32z2 project on Design studio but getting Error 127.This is an issue with the entire team. All the project was buildable until yesterday. But it is giving this error since morning 6/30. There was no IT updates, PC restart or any Antivirus updates done.  

Luffy_D_0-1688155859649.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luffy_D
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
This is the workaround we did to make it work for the time being.
Remove "C:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\S32DS\build_tools\msys32\usr\bin" from your PATH since DS is not recognizing this PATH for "make" commands.

I installed make 3.81 "https://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/make.htm"  and added this "C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin" to PATH and I can build now!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

here is update - Symantec v14.3RU5 is causing the issue. Please create ServiceNow ticket for IT. Temporally solution is roll back to previous Symantec version until IT figure out what exactly makes Symantec to block communication between S32DS and msys2  shell. 

jiri_kral_0-1688720086151.png

nxf45396
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

with version 14.3 RU4 build 7393 is working fine

Thank you

OCV
LeaP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, I also have the same issue as above. I checked the environment path variables and they are the same as you jiri_kral.

Also, I am supposed to use gcc and not GnuWin32 for my project...

Does someone know if a ticket has been raised to inform that the S32DS make tool is broken?

Regards,

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Same here, suddenly I can build any project with S32DS 3.5- I uninstallled and installed for scratch, no possible to build for S32k1x or S32K3x

Luis

0 Kudos
Luffy_D
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
This is the workaround we did to make it work for the time being.
Remove "C:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\S32DS\build_tools\msys32\usr\bin" from your PATH since DS is not recognizing this PATH for "make" commands.

I installed make 3.81 "https://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/make.htm"  and added this "C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin" to PATH and I can build now!
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

the ticket is already created. It looks that some IT update is blocking passing ENV and PATH variables into msys2 which is part of S32DS. With standalone msys2 it seems that the build works. Strange is, that it affect only some PC machines - but have no clue why. 

I'm working on this issue, but have no solution yet. 

0 Kudos
LeaP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Okay thank you for your answer. I guess I'll wait for this issue to be solved. This is indeed very strange...

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I already answered via IM to you (or your colleague). 

It looks that for some reason gcc is not visible for make. Here are suggestions what you can check: 

he error message - error 127 means that gcc can be found. Please check if gcc is present in c:\NXP\S32DS.3.5.2\S32DS\build_tools\gcc_v10.2\gcc-10.2-arm32-eabi\bin\  folder and can be executed from commandline - try to run  arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe --version  command. 

If the gcc is there and can be executed - check in project properties if environment path variables points to correct place. Here is settings on my side:

s32ds_2023-07-03_09-21-56.png

0 Kudos
Luffy_D
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So, I noticed the Design studio make tool is broken. This "C:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\S32DS\build_tools\msys32\usr\bin". Design studio is not recognizing the make commands from above path.

If I remove this and use make 3.81 from "C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin". I am able to build the SW. 

0 Kudos