DS Issue: the current tools version cannot support the the $(release_id)version of MCU S32K344_FC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS Issue: the current tools version cannot support the the $(release_id)version of MCU S32K344_FC

Jump to solution
Fidel
Contributor IV

Dears,

when I installed DS software on my PC , I met an issue, shown as below, I tried DS3.4,DS 3.5,SW32K3_RTD_4.4_2.0.0_D2203,SW32K3_RTD_4.4_2.0.1_D2207, no matter what the compostition is , the issue always came up, anyone can tell me how to resolve it? thanks a lot~

Fidel_0-1661169536521.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the installation details. I can see that your installed version of the following package is older than mine. However, you indicated previously that you had tried it so I don't think this is the issue.

Package: S32K3 Real-Time Drivers Version 2.0.1; Version: 2.0.1; Build id: 202207071057

I reviewed the log file, but it seems it doesn't provide much more details beyond what we already know. It doesn't seem to contain the details from when the packages were installed.

The error is strange, but it seems you have the correct packages and versions installed for this to work properly. It is likely that some file is corrupted or some installation did not complete correctly.

Could you please try to reinstall S32DS 3.4, launch with a new workspace, install the latest version of each package, then create the example project and open the .MEX file.  If it again fails, send this new log file from the workspace and it should give me more details on what is going wrong.

When you reinstall S32DS 3.4, please enable the 'Windows 7 Compatibility mode'. This is done by right click on the install file, then select 'Properties'. Select the Compatibility tab and select the Windows 7 option from the list. This will help to avoid any issues with permissions for some of the installation components.

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
FrankFu2
Contributor I

I encountered the same issue recently. After many try and errors, I found the real cause.

If you import project from "C:\NXP\SW32K3_RTD_4.4_2.0.0\eclipse\plugins\xxx\examples\S32DS", this error will occur. It seems that projects in the folder created by the installer -- "SW32K3_RTD_4.4_2.0.0_D2203.exe", can only work with EB Tresos correctly.

I solved the issue by importing project from "C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32K3_2022_03\SW32K3_RTD_4_4_2_0_0_D2203\xxx\examples\S32DS"

This folder was created by installing the following package in S32DS -- "SW32K3_RTD_4.4_2.0.0_DS_updatesite_D2204.zip"

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @FrankFu2,

This is correct. To use the RTD within S32DS, you must install the S32DS integration package (.zip) file within S32DS. It will not work to use the standalone install of the RTD (.exe). The standalone is intended to be used with 3rd-party IDEs and does not contain the support for S32 Configuration Tools (because they do not exist in 3rd party IDEs).

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Fidel,

If you could provide the following, it would help to investigate this issue:

1) Installation Details: Go to Help -> S32DS Extensions and Updates, then select the blue text in the lower right 'Installation Details' and provide the resulting text.

2) Workspace log file: Go to your workspace directory and open the folder '.metadata'. Send the file named '.log'.

This error usually indicates a mismatch between the version of the S32 Configuration Tools and the Real-Time Drivers. Did you install the S32K3xx Development Package from within the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu? I will find out when you provide the Installation Details from item #1 above. If you installed the RTD via the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu, it would have required you to install the correct version of the S32K3xx development package (which contains the S32 Configuration Tools).

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Fidel
Contributor IV

Dear,

pictures as below, please check that. I remember I installed the SDk from where you mentioned.

Fidel_0-1663308666167.png

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the installation details. I can see that your installed version of the following package is older than mine. However, you indicated previously that you had tried it so I don't think this is the issue.

Package: S32K3 Real-Time Drivers Version 2.0.1; Version: 2.0.1; Build id: 202207071057

I reviewed the log file, but it seems it doesn't provide much more details beyond what we already know. It doesn't seem to contain the details from when the packages were installed.

The error is strange, but it seems you have the correct packages and versions installed for this to work properly. It is likely that some file is corrupted or some installation did not complete correctly.

Could you please try to reinstall S32DS 3.4, launch with a new workspace, install the latest version of each package, then create the example project and open the .MEX file.  If it again fails, send this new log file from the workspace and it should give me more details on what is going wrong.

When you reinstall S32DS 3.4, please enable the 'Windows 7 Compatibility mode'. This is done by right click on the install file, then select 'Properties'. Select the Compatibility tab and select the Windows 7 option from the list. This will help to avoid any issues with permissions for some of the installation components.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Fidel
Contributor IV

OK, I will try that , thanks a lot~

0 Kudos