cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a .MEX File in S32 DS

Ajay_R
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using S32 Design Studio 3.4 for my project activities. Actually, I saw that .mex file is present in example projects. That .mex file helps me to understand the peripherals, clocks and pins connections.

Now, as per my requirement I created a new project with Makefile and it is builded successfully. But in that project, I'm not having .mex file. So, I'm planning to create a .mex file as per my requirements. But I don't know, how to create .mex file for my project.

So, could you please tell me the procedure to create .mex file for my project? & Please Let me know, if you need any other information.

Note: I'm having S32K344 Development Board.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ajay,

There's a couple of ways that a .mex file is created:

1. During project creation. When you use the New Application Project Wizard and select the Platform SDK, it will create a .mex file within the resulting project.
    image.png
  2. If you have an existing project and would like to add a .mex file, then first attach the SDK.
    1. Right-click on the project name in 'Project Explorer' view and select 'SDKs'.
    2. Next, select the SDK from the list and click 'Attach/Detach', select all, then OK, Apply and Close.
    3. If prompted for Check conflicted files, leave 'Replace all files' and 'Backup project files' boxes checked and click OK.
    4. Now you will have a .mex file

Hope that helps,

Mike