cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding S32DS extension in Ubuntu 20.04

Jump to solution
Joung
Contributor I

Hello, I'm using S32DS 3.5 in Ubuntu 20.04.

I'm encountering some problems with adding the extensions to build the system.

I need to install S32K3 Real Time Drivers and FS26 SBC Autosar to build my system,

but these are not visible in my environment.

I tried to add these packages by downloading the zip file from nxp site, then add the update sites manually in 'S32DS Extensions and Updates' window, but still they are not visible.

I have attached the log collected via terminal.

Would there be any solution to solve this issue?

<<< Terminal logs >>>

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option UnsyncloadClass; support was removed in 11.0
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
8월 03, 2022 11:09:20 오전 com.nxp.swtools.common.ui.utils.swt.internal.SWTFactory loadFont
경고: Could not load font from '/home/joung/NXP/S32DS.3.5/mcu_data/resources/fonts/RobotoCondensed/RobotoCondensed-Regular.ttf'.Native load failed. Check the path.
WebKit wasn't able to find a WebVTT encoder. Subtitles handling will be degraded unless gst-plugins-bad is installed.
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.http.client.protocol.RequestAddCookies).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

(process:5771): GLib-CRITICAL **: 11:09:24.406: Failed to set scheduler settings: Operation not permitted

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Joung,

There are 2 reasons why you do not see these packages listed in the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu:

1) The S32K3 Real Time Drivers and FS26 SBC Autosar packages do not officially support Linux OS.

2) The S32K3 Real Time Drivers and FS26 SBC Autosar packages were released for installation to S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v3.4. There is built in version checking in the S32DS Extensions and Updates which blocks packages which are not marked for installation for that particular version of S32 Design Studio.

I can share with you that there is a way to install these packages, however, if you should experience any compatibility issues with either the S32 Design Studio version or the Linux OS, then we could not help you. This is because, as mentioned earlier, the S32K3 Real Time Drivers and FS26 SBC Autosar packages do not officially support Linux OS, or for now S32DS 3.5. There should be future releases of each which would officially support S32DS 3.5.

To install the packages, please follow the steps as detailed in the below section from the 'FS26_4.4_1.0.0_CD01_D2208_Release_Notes':

image.png

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Joung,

There are 2 reasons why you do not see these packages listed in the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu:

1) The S32K3 Real Time Drivers and FS26 SBC Autosar packages do not officially support Linux OS.

2) The S32K3 Real Time Drivers and FS26 SBC Autosar packages were released for installation to S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v3.4. There is built in version checking in the S32DS Extensions and Updates which blocks packages which are not marked for installation for that particular version of S32 Design Studio.

I can share with you that there is a way to install these packages, however, if you should experience any compatibility issues with either the S32 Design Studio version or the Linux OS, then we could not help you. This is because, as mentioned earlier, the S32K3 Real Time Drivers and FS26 SBC Autosar packages do not officially support Linux OS, or for now S32DS 3.5. There should be future releases of each which would officially support S32DS 3.5.

To install the packages, please follow the steps as detailed in the below section from the 'FS26_4.4_1.0.0_CD01_D2208_Release_Notes':

image.png

Best Regards,

Mike