HOWTO: Install IAR Eclipse plug-in into S32 Design Studio for ARM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio (S32DS) for ARM supports IAR Eclipse plug-in that enables users to build and debug a S32DS project with IAR toolchain for ARM.

This document describes how to install this plugin and how to enable IAR in the new project wizard.

Current version of S32DS for ARM 2018.R1 supports IAR compilers  v7.x and v8.x.

After the IAR eclipse plugin installation is finished you should be able to create, build and debug a new S32DS project (including SDKs) using IAR compiler/debugger interface directly under S32DS Eclipse environment.

Installation instructions

First of all make sure you have IAR Embedded Workbench installed with a valid license from IAR. Now let's proceed to eclipse plug-in installation.

1. Install IAR Plugin manager 

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

• Tick " I Accept the terms of the license agreement" and click "OK" to accept unsigned content software
  • Finally you proceed to the installation. When the plugin is installed you will be asked to restart S32DS
  • Anytime you create a new workspace you will be asked to enter path to IAR Embedded Workbench IDE

pastedImage_29.png 

2. Configure IAR plugins in IAR Embedded Workbench plugin manager
  • Run IAR plugin manager (Menu "Help" -> "IAR Embedded Workbench plugin manager...")

pastedImage_10.png

• Select the ARM version (8.x) and click "Install" button.

pastedImage_15.png

•  Select all the IAR components displayed and proceed to installation by clicking "Next" button.

pastedImage_23.png

3. New IAR project in the project wizard
  • You can now create a new project in S32DS and select IAR toolchain for ARM instead of default GCC compiler.

pastedImage_26.png

• There should appear a new item it the Debugger selection - "IAR plugin Debugger". Please choose this option if you intend to debug using IAR supported probes (e.g. I-jet)

pastedImage_27.png

• IAR specific panels and settings are now displayed in the project properties for a new S32DS project with the IAR options enabled (see above).

pastedImage_28.png

• There is a new category "IAR C-SPY Application" in the debug configurations panel that contains all the debug configurations for projects with IAR debug plugin option selected.

pastedImage_31.png

• The Debugger perspective now offers several IAR specific Views and features.

pastedImage_32.png

Enjoy building and debugging with IAR Eclipse plug-in in S32DS!

Comments

hello. Stanislav Sliva

I want to use IAR compiler. so I install IAR Plugin manager like you.

But I encountered the following problem during installation.

Cap 2019-05-13 10-37-43-284.png\

After installation, I did check 'window->preferences'. but there is no 'IAR Embedded Workbench'

Cap 2019-05-13 10-38-19-784.png

As shown in the picture below, I can not proceed with the installation any more.

Cap 2019-05-13 10-47-03-365.png

Please check this problem.

Best regards

MinYeop

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎05-11-2018 04:19 AM
Updated by: