cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will S12ZVM be available?

RuPa
Contributor I

Hi there,

I'm working for an automotive supplier in Germany.

We're currently evaluating, which microcontroller to use for the next generation of motorized belt-pretensioning modules. When looking especially for cost-reduction potential to our current design, I stumbled upon the S12ZVM, that seems perfect for our application, except maybe for the sparse FLASH and EEPROM memory.

• Does anyone out there (at Freescale ;-) ) know the timeline for the qualification of this part?
    When I'm not mistaken, the timeline (end of 2012!) indicated a series start in mid-2013 or so...
  • When will samples be available?
    We'd like to make an evaluation/sample design as soon as possible?
  • Is there any chance for more than 128k Flash and 512b of EE in the (near) future?

Grateful for any information I could get!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Full market launch is planned for the end of this month (it should be in the last week).

Regarding your last question, there is no indication so far, but the trend may change in the future.

Regards,

Ivan

RuPa
Contributor I

Hi Ivan,

thanks for your quick reply!

The information you provided sounds good!

Will all derivatives (32/64/128k <-> LIN/CAN) be available quite from the start?

Do you know, whether engineering samples may already be available right now?

And if yes, how may I obtain some?

Should I ask at my local distributor?

Or do you think, I may get some under-the-counter ;-) at Embedded World Exhibition in Nuremberg/Germany end of February?

Regards,

Rudi

0 Kudos

Oldnewbe2
Contributor I

Hello Rudi,

Were you able to get some S12ZVM samples?

Have you had a chance to work with the S12ZVM?

Would you care to comment?

Regards,

Eelco.

0 Kudos

RuPa
Contributor I

Hi Eelco,

I actually received some MC level samples a few days ago from my distributor (Germany).

Unfortunately, the S12ZVM eval board was not in stock and seems to have problems to come into market.

My distributor forwarded me the following info coming from his source:

I am sorry but we cannot schedule the below order at this moment.

Per the feedback received from the planner, the uncertain factor is the sub-supplier for this part.

There are intense negotiations in progress and a supply plan should be known within two weeks.

I should be able to provide you an update next week.

Since I'm only the SW guy, and my HW colleague is busy doing other stuff, I assume we won't have a first S12ZVM design within the next 2 weeks.

Afterwards, I'll have to port my S12G low-level code to S12ZVM...

Do you also plan to use the S12ZVW?

For which kind of project?

Regards,

Rudi

0 Kudos

Oldnewbe2
Contributor I

Hello Rudi,

Hopefully the S12ZVM eval board issues will be resolved real soon, so you can get on with your work.

I'm thinking of using the S12Z MagniV family in particular the ones with the new S12Z CPU core.

Old fashioned is what I am. I like to program in assembler and IMHO the new S12Z CPU core seems just right for doing so. It reminds me of the MC6809.

The following article got me seriously thinking about the S12Z MagniV family.

http://www.all-electronics.de/texte/anzeigen/45413/24-Bit-Adressbus-und-vollwertige-8-16-und-32-Bit-...

But this article was written by a co founder of this new S12Z CPU core so it maybe a bit biased, that's why I value your independent opinion.

Best regards,

Eelco.

0 Kudos