cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dts problem

Jump to solution
lingyunhui
Contributor I

Hello. I am working on a customized board based on p1010 processor. I want to know how to modify the dts file to let the system to support sata devices.Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ling Yunhui,

Please include files pq3-sata2-0.dtsi and pq3-sata2-1.dtsi(located in arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/) in your dts file,

please refer to arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/p1010si-post.dtsi.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ling Yunhui,

Please include files pq3-sata2-0.dtsi and pq3-sata2-1.dtsi(located in arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/) in your dts file,

please refer to arch/powerpc/boot/dts/fsl/p1010si-post.dtsi.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
lingyunhui
Contributor I

Thank you. And I want to know how to write the dts file. Can I use the p1010rdb.dts in my own customized board without changing, otherwise how to modify it.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am not sure what is the difference between P1010RDB and your customized board, you could modify p1010rdb dts file according to your target. For SATA section, no need to change.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos
lingyunhui
Contributor I

when I run this command: dtc -f -V 17 -b O -I dts -O dtb p1010dspb2_36.dts -R 8 -S 0x3000 >p1010dspb2_36.dtb; it occurs Error: fsl/p1010si-post.dtsi:35.1-5 syntax error, how it happens?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please modify your dts file based on p1010rdb-pb_36b.dts.

Please refer to the following

scripts/dtc/dtc -f -b 0 -p 1024 -I dts -O dtb -o p1010rdb-pb_36b.dtb arch/powerpc/boot/dts/p1010rdb-pb_36b.dts

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos
lingyunhui
Contributor I

Thank you, and I want to know whether the cross compile environment is needed when I compile dts file.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No need. But you need the dtc command, which could be generated in scripts/dtc/dtc after building Linux Kernel or you have installed it on your host PC.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos