What should the MAC Addresses for the QorIQ p5020 dTSECs be set to (they are currently all zeros)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should the MAC Addresses for the QorIQ p5020 dTSECs be set to (they are currently all zeros)?

jamiekrueger
Contributor I

I am currently working on the configuration of the five 1 Gigabit Ethernet (dTSECs) found in the QorIQ p5020 SoC.

All the MAC Addresses for these five Ethernet ports are initial set to all zeros.

Shouldn't the MAC Addresses for these chips have already been set by the manufacturer?

If not, then how should these MAC Address values be set to avoid potential duplication conflicts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you use NXP P5020ds boards, there should be in I2C EEPROM at address 0x57 on the board.

If this is your own custom board/end product, check the sitehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_addresson how MAC addresses are assigned.

If you only use it in a small testing environment, doesn't care what MAC address you use as long as it's unique in the network the board is on.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos