Questions for LS1046A RESET_REQ_B Pin

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for LS1046A RESET_REQ_B Pin

Darren_P
Contributor II

Hi there, I have a question regarding RESET_REQ_B pin in LS1046A platform. Refer the reference manual it  indicates that,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reset configuration word (RCW) data contains reset configuration information that is loaded by the PBL from a memory device during reset. The size of the RCW is 64 bytes (512 bits). All of the data read from the RCW source is written to the RCW status registers (RCWSRn) in the device configuration and pin control block. See DCFG_RCWSR for more information. The RCWSRs have specific 64 bytes aligned address offsets that the PBL should ensure is written. Any address offset that is not that specific 64 bytes aligned address offset is reported by the PBL as an error to the platform, which asserts the RESET_REQ_B output pin upon receiving the error from the PBL. Refer the Reset configuration word (RCW) source section in Reset, Clocking, and Initialization chapter to see how each encoding for cfg_rcw_src selects a given source of RCW data.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem we are facing right now is that when platform is about to boot up, RESET_REQ_B will "keep" issuing low state to CPLD. So this will cause the platform in a infinite reset loop.

Question here is,

1). Does this behavior highly relate to RCW settings?

2). If 1). is NO. Where can I find the possible cause?

3). If 1). is YES. Am I able to know what kind of error from PBL as user manual indicates. e.g., error from RCW

4). Am I able to find the codes regarding "Reported by PBL as an error, asserts the RESET_RESET_B output pin" in LSDK?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1) Yes.

4) Do you have CodeWarrior TAP with ARM Probe Tip?

0 Kudos

Darren_P
Contributor II

Udefor,

Thanks for your response.

I don't think I have CodeWarrior TAP with ARM Probe Tip. Any guidance I can find here?

Darren

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pre-boot error code can be read only by means of CWTAP.

Please provide the ".rcw" file or complete firmware image (as link to a cloud storage) for inspection.

0 Kudos

Darren_P
Contributor II

Ufedor,

Thank You.

I see. I should use CWTAP to check the error code from PBL.

This is a custom LS1046A board. So my RCW file might not the one what you are looking for.

0 Kudos