Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more information on LS1021A

Jump to solution
abhijitnaik
Contributor I

Hi All,

We are looking for TSN based network, consisting of multiple TSN aware endpoints and bridges, and we are zeroed in on LS1021A Evaluation Kit.

I had following questions,

Does QorIQ Layerscape LS1021A industrial applications processor, supports TSN as, if I look at the datasheet, it mentions about IEEE588?

SJA1105T switch shows support for only 802.1AS-Rev and 802.1Qbv. But one of the core requirements for TSN is 802.1qbu, which is not mentioned in the datasheet?

Our requiremnet is, there will be multiple TSN aware endpoints connected to TSN aware bridge. If you can suggest me components from your product line, it will be great.

Can you please give more information on this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeffsteinheider
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Abhijit,

You are correct in your assumptions.  The LS1021A includes hardware timestamping support, and an internal timing circuit for 1588.  We provide application software for managing the SJA1105T which supports Qbv, Qav, and Qci.

If you want to support Qbu as well, please see our upcoming LS1028A SoC.  If you contact your local salesperson or distributor, we can provide more information under NDA, as well as share information on other devices that can serve as endpoints.

Regards,

Jeff

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jeffsteinheider
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Abhijit,

You are correct in your assumptions.  The LS1021A includes hardware timestamping support, and an internal timing circuit for 1588.  We provide application software for managing the SJA1105T which supports Qbv, Qav, and Qci.

If you want to support Qbu as well, please see our upcoming LS1028A SoC.  If you contact your local salesperson or distributor, we can provide more information under NDA, as well as share information on other devices that can serve as endpoints.

Regards,

Jeff