cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1043A, SPI Chip select and GPIO Query

logeshs
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using LS1043A, We are connecting two SPI slaves(CS0, CS1) to LS1043A(Master). Shall i use the other two chip selects (CS2, CS3) pins as GPIO? is that possible?

Please confirm.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The RCW[SPI_BASE] configures functionality of all SPI_CS_Bn pins. So if you need for any of SPI_CS_B[0:3] chip select signal all 4 pins will be configured as SPI_CS_B[0:3] and cannot be used as GPIO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

logeshs
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Earlier i have listed down all the pins in LS1043A for Muxed Signal Selection and raised a query to check whether Mux Signal selection is correct or not. I have attached that query link below.

In that pins list i have mentioned that remaining chip select of SPI will be used as GPIOs. Kindly request you to share any GUI to select muxed signals in LS1043A, or requesting you to confirm Mux -Signal Pin list once again. Mux Signal selection- Pins list attached in above link.
Thanks.
0 Kudos

logeshs
Contributor II

Kindly update me the above query

0 Kudos

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The SPI_CS[] and GPIO are mutually exclusive as you can see in the LS1043A reference manual
SPI_GPIO_are_mutual_exclusive.png

0 Kudos