Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1028: Target reset failed.

Jump to solution
kumar_086
Contributor IV

Dear Experts,

We have a custom LS1028A board, having xspi flash connected with DDR4 memory. We have powered on the processor and observed PORRESETN and HRESETN signals are active high.

We followed the steps as in 'CodeWarriortool_CWARMv8TM.pdf' section 7. When we are running 'source ../../gdb_extensions/flash/cwflash.py' command observed the prints:

Target reset failed.
//
Additional error details:
[CCS: timeout during target operation]

Error: fail to initialize target
Closing debugger server...
Error: fail to start flash programming services.

Tried by providing the boot pins CFG_RCW_SRC[0:3] : '0000' and '1111'. Same result observed in both combination.

Please help.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. Have you modified cwflash.py according to your target board?

2. Probably there is no valid RCW on your custom board. Please backup LS1028A_RDB_init.py in C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2020.06\CW_ARMv8\Config\boards, then do the following modification in LS1028A_RDB_init.py to use hard-coded RCW.

USE_SAFE_RCW = False

Modify to

USE_SAFE_RCW = True

3. You also could refer to "4.8.8.7.1 RCW settings for hard coded options"  in LS1028ARM to configure the board as hard-coded RCW. Please select the correct RCW configuration values for your custom board.

4. Please open CCS(CodeWarrior Connection Server) console, type "log v", then connect to the target board again. The low level CCS log will be printed out, would you please send this CCS log to me to do more investigation?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. Have you modified cwflash.py according to your target board?

2. Probably there is no valid RCW on your custom board. Please backup LS1028A_RDB_init.py in C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2020.06\CW_ARMv8\Config\boards, then do the following modification in LS1028A_RDB_init.py to use hard-coded RCW.

USE_SAFE_RCW = False

Modify to

USE_SAFE_RCW = True

3. You also could refer to "4.8.8.7.1 RCW settings for hard coded options"  in LS1028ARM to configure the board as hard-coded RCW. Please select the correct RCW configuration values for your custom board.

4. Please open CCS(CodeWarrior Connection Server) console, type "log v", then connect to the target board again. The low level CCS log will be printed out, would you please send this CCS log to me to do more investigation?

kumar_086
Contributor IV

Dear @yipingwang ,

Thanks for the detailing.

Modified the file with the RCW flag and was able to connect and program the RCW to XSPI flash also. This really helped.

I'm hearing CCS for the first time, can you help me how to start it from the CodeWarrior tool or other procedures?

Thanks

0 Kudos