How to apply NXP LSDK-20.12-V5.4 changes to a newer Linux v5.4.y tag?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply NXP LSDK-20.12-V5.4 changes to a newer Linux v5.4.y tag?

javier_tia
Contributor III

The LSDK-20.12-V5.4 tag has NXP Linux kernel changes at [1], and as the base, it's using the v5.4.47 tag from the Linux kernel upstream repo.

From the Linux kernel upstream repo, there are a lot of stability fixes we like to apply together with NXP LSDK-20.12-V5.4 changes. What is the recommended Git approach to do it?

Could all the NXP custom changes being Git rebased over a newer v5.4.y tag? Which branch should be used?

[1] https://source.codeaurora.org/external/qoriq/qoriq-components/linux

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I just discussed with LSDK development team.

You could merge the latest upstream branch 5.4.y to NXP LSDK 2012 Linux Kernel source code, then resolve the collision. If it can pass the compilation and required testing, it will be OK.

0 Kudos

javier_tia
Contributor III

@yipingwang Thank you for the quick response.

Considering I am not part of the LSDK development team, I have questions regarding the complete validation of merging the LSDK code with the Linux upstream code.

Are in the lf.5.4.y branch all the LSDK changes for linux-5.4.y branch? In Git terms, will it be sufficient to run and fix the merge conflicts with the following Git commands?

git checkout linux-5.4.y
git merge lf.5.4.y

Which commands must be run to build LSDK v5.4?

Does LSDK have a suite test or a way to validate the Linux image produced after merging LSDK changes with the linux-5.4.y branch?

Suppose I do merge LSDK v5.4 changes with the latest linux-5.4.y branch, could the LSDK team validate the merge produces a good Linux image?

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The git command is correct.

Please run the following command to build Linux Kernel after merging.

$ flex-builder -c linux -a arm64

After Linux Kernel upgrading, Linux SDK testing team needs to run the regression test.

You could contact your local FAE to contact the paid SDK team.

0 Kudos