Configure kernel to enable watchdog in ls1043ardb

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure kernel to enable watchdog in ls1043ardb

hoanguyen
Contributor II

Have anyone tried to enable the watchdog feature on LS1043ardb? I am not sure which watchdog driver to include.

thanks

HN

0 Kudos
3 Replies

hoanguyen
Contributor II

Thanks Pavel!

I followed all instructions and the problem is that the option "[*] PowerPC Book-E Watchdog Timer" is not available in the current SDK 2.0 for LS1043ardb. I searched thru the community posts and someone picked the S3C2410 but it does not work either.

After the system boots up, I can see the /etc/watchdog.conf file but I can't find the device /dev/watchdog at all.

I also added the following:

* mknod /dev/watchdog c 10 130

(* insmod which_watchdog_driver.ko ?????)

So I have 2 questions:

1) What do I need to do to be able to add the "PowerPC Boo-E Watchdog Timer" so I can configure the kernel. Or is this the correct driver? If not, which one should I use in the list of drivers currently available?

2) When should I do a mknod /dev/watchdog c 10 130?

thanks,

Hoa

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use the following command sequence for watchdog enabling on the LS1043ARDB board:

1. bitbake -c cleansstate virtual/kernel
  2. bitbake -c patch virtual/kernel
  3. bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel

Enable watchdog. See attached files.

1. Rebuild kernel:

bitbake virtual/kernel

1. Rebuild .itb file

bitbake fsl-image-kernelitb

1. Load .itb file to the board and boot using this ITB file.

1. Test watchdog using the following commands:

# watchdog /dev/watchdog

# ps -ae | grep watchdog

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at attached files.

These files contain part of NXP Linux SDK 2.0 Documentation for watchdog using and screenshots for watchdog enablement under this SDK.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos