cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSC9132 cfg_d1_ddr_pll_backup and cfg_d*_ddr_half_full_mode

jonathanbaird
Contributor I

Hi,

Our 9132 system, like the BSC9132QDS, has a signal 'cfg_d1_ddr_pll_backup', the state of which, I assume is readable in the DSP_DDR_PLL_BKUP bit of the GUTS_PORDSPDEVSR register after POR.

I don't understand the DSP_DDR_PLL_BKUP description in the 9132 Reference Manual. What does

'DSP_DDR PLL is working on Default Settings' and 'DSP_DDR PLL is working on Backup Settings' mean?

'cfg_d1_ddr_pll_backup' does not appear in the 9132 Reference Manual Rev 0 09/2014.

Is it possible that our setting 'cfg_d1_ddr_pll_backup' to '0' could explain why the state of the DDR2_HALF_FULL_MODE bit in the GUTS_PORDEVSR3 register is '1' when cfg_d2_ddr_half_full_mode is set to '0'?

All cfg_* signal states at POR seem to have their expected effects except for cfg_d1_ddr_half_full_mode and cfg_d2_ddr_half_full_mode. We are setting both of these to '0' which we thought would give us 'full frequency mode'. What we see is half frequency DDR operation.

Thank you in advance.

Jon Baird

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The "cfg_d1_ddr_pll_backup" was present in preliminary revisions of Reference Manual, but starting from rev. 0 there is no mentioning about this signal.

The default value for this signal is "1". Yes, incorrect setting this signal to "0" at reset may cause erratic behavior.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos