cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK10DX128VLK7 Low power mode

altatke
Contributor I

Hello, 

I am working on a simple project using the MK10 which requires low power mode for its functioning. Basically, the code has the board go to sleep and wake up every 5 seconds using LPTMR and blink an RGB LED attached as it wakes up and continues in the main infinite for loop.

My issue is that it seems the lowest I can get is a regular stop aka about 0.384V. The code itself just uses the CPU_SetOperationMode function to get into the low power mode, but I am not sure what I am missing configuration wise. This is what I have so far.

altatke_0-1642449384110.png

altatke_1-1642449433478.png

Is there any area within the CPU component or other I should look into to make sure I am able to access those low power mode settings?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

altatke
Contributor I

Hey Pablo, 

Thank you for the reply. For this project, I am using Kinetis Design Studio as IDE since the MK10 is not compatible/supported by MCUxpresso, and using LPC-Link 2 as debug probe for a company specific board. I've read through the document you've sent before, it was helpful in some ways but not entirely. With KDS, the following function is available to access those low power modes: Cpu_SetOperationMode, and I am using it as Cpu_SetOperationMode(DOM_STOP, NULL, NULL) to get to VLLSx when configured as such in PE. 

altatke_0-1643290728440.png

However, regardless of the mode, the current drawn is the same (about 0.38mA) which seems to correspond to a regular STOP mode. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @altatke 

Hope you are well and thanks for your patience.

I would like to share with you a thread of our community using other Kinetis, but it is being used Processor Expert too, so this thread might be very helpful to solve your concern about entering to a low power mode in your Kinetis, almost at the end of this link you will find a example code written by Kerry, so it can help you too:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Microcontrollers/Processor-expert-10-4-MKL05Z32-how-to-configur...

In addition, we have another Application Note that includes best practices to use Kinetis in Very Low Power Mode. My suggestion is to follow this guide and take in consideration the necessary hardware on your board. AN is attached.

Hope the information is helpful for you, please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @altatke 

I would like to apologize for the delay, I got sick and couldn't write a response to you.

Regarding your question about accessing low power mode settings on a Kinetis Board, you can use config tools from MCUXpresso to configure LLWU (Low Leakage Wakeup Unit). May you tell me which IDE you are using to configure this low power modes? and which Development Board you are using with MK10?  So I can help you further.

Also as a suggestion, I would like to share with you this Application Note that might be helpful to your application: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4503.pdf

Please let me know if you have more concerns.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos