cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis CPU Packages

Jump to solution
Vagni
Contributor IV

I have started working with CodeWarrior SE 10.1 and MQX 3.7 on the TWR-K60N512 system. Now I am going to develop my application on my custom board using Processor Expert for the peripheral drivers. But among the Kinetis CPU components I find only the 144-MAPBGA package, while I need the 100-LQFP package. The Processor Expert version is 5.00. Is there any CodeWarrior SE and/or Processor Expert update that features also the Kinetis CPU 100-LQFP package?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

the 100-pin LQFP packages were supported in Update#2 V1.0.1. for CW V10.1.

To download it please follow one of the links below according to OS installed on your PC:

Win

Linux

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jimtrudeau
Senior Contributor I

Yes, get the latest updates. I'm looking at the New Project wizard right now, and my choices for pin packages for the K60N512 include the 100-pin LQFP.

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

the 100-pin LQFP packages were supported in Update#2 V1.0.1. for CW V10.1.

To download it please follow one of the links below according to OS installed on your PC:

Win

Linux

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
stav
Contributor II

I have a similar problem, but with the kinetis k40 family. The tower dev kit uses a bga which the PE suite has, but not the lqfp packages. I am not using the CW environment, but the IAR compiler so I have the standalone suite. DO you know if there is an u[date for this too?

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I have not reproduced such behaviour in "Processor Expert Software - Microcontrollers Driver Suite 5.2 for Freescale Kinetis, ColdFire+". I am abble to select K40 in lqfp package...see the attachement.

In case your problem persist, could you please provide more details and some step-by step process how to reproduce your issue.

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
Vagni
Contributor IV

Thank you for your help.

I installed the CW_MCU_v10.1_Update_1.0.1 for Windows, now I see in the Processor Expert README.TXT file the Processor Expert version is 5.1.

But, opening my BSP_PE project, I see that for Kinetis K60 only three CPU with 144-LQFP package are available (and no more the 144-MAPBGA package!). How to get the 100-LQFP package?

Maybe is it a CodeWarrior license issue? Because I am working with CodeWarrior Special Edition 10.1, while the Product Content for Kinetis family in the Processor Expert README.TXT file is specified for a license BASIC.

Furthermore, I have now the folder "[CW_ROOT]\MCU\ProcessorExpert\CPUs\MK60N512LL100", so the 100-LQFP package for the Kinetis K60 is actually installed.

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

the MCU Pin variants are provided within the window that is opened after doublick on the selected CPU in CPUs tab in Components Library. For more details please see enclosed screen-shot.

Regarding licensing policy and ProcessorExpert compoents on Kinetis family -  all components that are supported for Kinetis family are componetns from BASIC category, so they all may be used with special license suite.

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos