Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K70 Tower Module ADC Problem

Jump to solution
traviscook
Contributor I

Hi All,

I am having a devil of a time with the ADC on the K70 Tower Module. I am attempting to implement an algorithm to monitor three sensors and react according to their percentages from a baseline value. I am using CW 10.0 and Processor Expert.  Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

Initialize ADC0 with 3 Single-Ended Channels

Read 3 channels from sensors --> Each 0~100 mV and store as baseline values for each channel

Read the same channels at the start of the algorithm loop and compare the percentage change versus baseline

Convert each percentage to separate Integers or Floats

Once the percentages are converted, the reaction section of the algorithm then uses them accordingly (this part works flawlessly).

I have written the code for the percentage calculation, but the ADC conversion is not operating as desired (actually, not at all).  I have a 3 channel mV generator that is emulating the sensors that will be in the final product, I am using the inputs on the tower elevator that correspond to the proper inputs on the ADC, but the variables I am monitoring during the debug phase are not changing or showing anything at all when I change the channel values on the generator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If any further clarification is needed, please ask,

Also, for the PE Support People:  Is there any sort of users' guide or training manual available for download?  I believe that my department would benefit greatly from some sort of PE training, but we are a VERY small company with a proportionally small budget, so we cannot afford a full-blown training seminar or anything like that.

Thanks so much in advance.

1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

For general overview of Processor Expert, I recommend to see the introductory videos on this community: https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93433

You can also find tutorial and examples within the CodeWarrior installation accessible from the Welcome screen (use command Help > Welcome). Then select Examples or Tutorials and select Processor Expert example or tutorial according to your needs.

For specific component as ADC_LDD, the help is accessible from Components Library or Components view using the pop-up menu command 'Help on component'. I recommend to see the page "Typical usage" where are described most common modes on ways of using.

I also recommend do download and install the latest CodeWarrior (now it's v10.3), if you have older version.

If you won't be able to resolve the ADC issue, please post a sample Processor Expert project showing your settings and code for ADC reading.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

For general overview of Processor Expert, I recommend to see the introductory videos on this community: https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93433

You can also find tutorial and examples within the CodeWarrior installation accessible from the Welcome screen (use command Help > Welcome). Then select Examples or Tutorials and select Processor Expert example or tutorial according to your needs.

For specific component as ADC_LDD, the help is accessible from Components Library or Components view using the pop-up menu command 'Help on component'. I recommend to see the page "Typical usage" where are described most common modes on ways of using.

I also recommend do download and install the latest CodeWarrior (now it's v10.3), if you have older version.

If you won't be able to resolve the ADC issue, please post a sample Processor Expert project showing your settings and code for ADC reading.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos