cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding QCVSGH

singhawadhesh
Contributor I

Hi Team,

We were working on QCVS tool for DDR configuration on T2080RDB board. 

We noticed that the Tool is also running at 133MHz crystal as SYSTEM clock but in T2080RDB board the system clock is 66.66MHz.

Could you  please explain me whether the Crystal of hardware is used or not when using QCVS tool. 

Also DDR is getting initialized and configured at 133.33 System clock frequency as present in the screenshots shared.

Thanks & Regards,

Awadhesh

0 Kudos
5 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In QCVS DDRv tool, please configure the same SYSTEM clock as the target board, please configure it as 66.66MHz, then do DDR validation.

The Crystal of hardware is used when using QCVS DDRv tool.

0 Kudos

singhawadhesh
Contributor I

Hi Yipingwang,

Thanks for your quick response.

We wanted to create a failure condition for DDR validation test with QCVS, so that we can verify that hardware crystal is being used.

we are using same tool for DDR validation on our new custom board which is based on T2081 and Micron MT41K512M16 discrete DDR3L. 

Currently we were able to get some register values from the datasheet and based on this we tried to validate the DDR but we are getting this error "DDR initialization failed: DINIT was not cleared by hardware".

So can you suggest us what could be the issue from the software perspective if possible or some other issue which could be causing it?

Thanks & regards

Awadhesh Singh

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The error message may be caused by hardware problem or initial DDR controller configuration problem.

After creating QCVS DDRv project with default configuration, please double click "DDR_mc1:DDR and modify "Properties" panel according to your DDR datasheet.

After save the project and click "Project->Generate Processor Expert code", please connect to the target board to do validation.

0 Kudos

singhawadhesh
Contributor I

Hi Yipingwang,

Thanks for quick response.

We tested the clock signals and found that CS0 is not getting Low while validation test in QCVS tool, though we have enabled it in tool.

FYI, we are using Micron TwinDie DDR3L MT41K512M16 device.

Please suggest me what could be issue for this.

Thanks and regards,

Awadhesh Singh

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems that there is hardware design problem on your custom board.

Would you please create a new thread to describe this issue in details?

The hardware team will continue to support you.

0 Kudos