MPC8548 U boot Porting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8548 U boot Porting

systick
Contributor II

I got the Sbc8548 board, I working on Sbc8548 Linux porting for my master thesis but I ve some issues ; 

- We set the cfg_rom_loc pins for Nor Flash,
- We use the powerpc-openwrt-linux-musl- toolchain for build,
- When I compile U-Boot and install to board its go to the "infinite_debug_loop"(0xfffff2d0) functions what is the reason of this situation
- Is it registers configuration could be wrong or I did miss something,

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours Sincerely,

4 Replies

systick
Contributor II

Thanks for your help Mr.Yakovlev, I  gonna create new topics with 

Your Sincelery

systick
Contributor II

Mr.Yakolev first of all thank you for response, 

II set the memory and pass the infinite_debug_loop, right now I got the another problem, code jump to  InstructionTLBError function, I will check the Tlb codes but maybe you have advice for this subject, I am open to suggestions.

Yours Sincerely,

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suggest creating a new topic, just to keep information in our database in correct order - TLB error does not seem to be related to the initial topic. Also please submit more technical details - which particular address you are trying to access when getting TLB error, and how this particular address is configured in your MMU settings. Usually TLB error means incorrect MMU settings for the address you are trying to access.

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"infinite debug loop" means your U-boot can not find CCSR space at place it expects it should be.

This means incorrect CCSR setting. The following comment is present in U-boot source code:

/*
     * If the value we read from CCSRBARL is not what we expect, then
     * enter an infinite loop.  This will at least allow a debugger to
     * halt execution and examine TLBs, etc.  There's no point in going
     * on.
     */
infinite_debug_loop:
    bne    infinite_debug_loop

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------