MPC8378E about DUART, how many size(1 byte?) of the transmit and receive buffer of the DUART?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8378E about DUART, how many size(1 byte?) of the transmit and receive buffer of the DUART?

Jump to solution
dennisxie
Contributor I

Hi, guys

I meet some issue of MPC8378E DUART interface.

My question:

wait for you reply. Thanks

Dennis Xie

2015.11.18 China Beijing

0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

In FIFO mode for both transmitter and receiver, the MPC8378 UART has 16-byte FIFOs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dennisxie
Contributor I

Hi

How is the last question, still wait for your reply.

Here I have another question more:

1)for FIFO-mode and none FIFO mode, how to distinguish the FIFO/URBR/UTHR?  seems the URBR and UTHR have same offset(0x4500/0x4600).

2)in FIFO mode,  is the URBR/UTHR be the come in and go out base address?

3)if there are both send and receive FIFOs, then how is the FIFOs connect to the URBR and UTHR?

Wait for you reply! Thanks!

Dennis

2015.12.01  China Beijing

0 Kudos
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

In FIFO mode for both transmitter and receiver, the MPC8378 UART has 16-byte FIFOs

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dennisxie
Contributor I

HI, thanks, I meet another problem:

when the IID3–IID0 is 1100(Character time-out), what's the meaning of this Interrupt Description

No characters were removed from or input to

the receiver FIFO during the last four

character times and at least one character is

in the receiver FIFO.

every time I open duart driver to read the RX buffer in fifo mode, I will flush the RX fifo(write the 0x4602 with 0xC3), how could it can receive one character, it is so strange, would you help this???

Wait for your reply. Thanks.

Dennis Xie

2015.11.25 China Beijing

0 Kudos