Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8309 SDdriver

Jump to solution
田曙亮
Contributor I

hi

I use mpc9309 linux2.6.34. When i use sdcard driver, i find sd driver use poll to detect sdcard.

This will cause a problem that if sd is not exist, it will cause many sd cmd intterupt.

I want to know that if this question had been resolved in other linux version.

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the Section 2.5 of the AN10911 from NXP (http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN10911.pdf).

There are two methods for SD/MMC card detection.

The driver uses SD_CD pin for card detection.

Look at the bits CRM and CINS and CINTSEN bits in the Chapter 12 of the MPC8309 Reference Manual.

Description of these bits does not recommend using interrupt for card insertion.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the Section 2.5 of the AN10911 from NXP (http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN10911.pdf).

There are two methods for SD/MMC card detection.

The driver uses SD_CD pin for card detection.

Look at the bits CRM and CINS and CINTSEN bits in the Chapter 12 of the MPC8309 Reference Manual.

Description of these bits does not recommend using interrupt for card insertion.

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
田曙亮
Contributor I

Thanks Pavel

0 Kudos