How to add custom binaries and other configuration files in rootfs of yocto based fsl sdk.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add custom binaries and other configuration files in rootfs of yocto based fsl sdk.

manavdeep
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on P series processors (P5040,P1022 and P1010). I want to add some files to rootfs image. With reference to the How to add custom application to linux rootfs, I have been trying to add files to the path "\meta-fsl-networking/recipes-extended/merge-files/files/merge" but that didn't work.

Then I noticed that in my Qoriq getting started manuak, QorIQ SDK v1.8 Info Center.pdf, under section 2.1.2.15 (FAQs) How do I add a pre-built binary into the rootfs? the following is the answer:

• cd meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-extended/merge-files
  •  Put the files into files/merge, e.g. put bash into files/merge/usr , bash will be included in usr/ of the new rootfs.
  • Build new rootfs image:
    • $ bitbake <rootfs-target>

I have put the file name "test_file1" under the folder meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-extended/merge-files/files/merge and "test_file2" under meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-extended/merge-files/files/merge/usr.

Then I have executed the following:

bitbake -c cleansstate fsl-image-minimal ; bitbake fsl-image-minimal.

The rootfs under <yocto_install_path>/build_p5040ds_release/tmp/work/p5040ds-fsl-linux/fsl-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs doesn't have my files. Whats the way out?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

manavdeep
Contributor III

31 views and not a single reply !! should be simple to answer. No takers. I wonder why.

0 Kudos