cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEA19162 PFC operate in DC input

KamiHuang
Contributor I

Dear Sir/Ms.

Can TEA19162 operate with DC input? Because my customer's board is SMTed, he inputs DC 152V ,TEA19162 can not boot. The Gate keeps Retrying. Where can we go to check?

Best Regards,

Kami Huang

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Does it works well in AC input voltage?

0 Kudos

KamiHuang
Contributor I

Hello Sir,

I have asked the customer RD to test the mains input and stop the operation of the LLC behind PFC. The customer also added a 10A circuit breaker to the mains input, but the customer still cannot turn on the mains. The circuit breaker will trip and protect while plug the mains.
The customer could not provide me with his circuit diagram. I have asked the customer to give me his resistance value settings, such as attached ppt file.
I have asked the customer to use a galvanic coupler and found that it will trip and protect after 10V.
Can you give some Debug directions?
Is the Brown in of TEA19162 done through snsmains?
The customer's R111 has a discharge resistor, will this lead to an early Brown in?

Best Regards,

Kami Huang

0 Kudos

KamiHuang
Contributor I

Hello Sir,

Customers do not have AC Source supply to test.
The reason why the customer will use the DC Source supply is because he does not have it, the AC Source can be used as the test source. I have asked the customer to use the AC Source test, he will use the mains(Utility Power) test.
I have a feedback resistor for Vbuck, and the setting value is very close to EVK.
Where else can I check?
Can you give some advice?

Best Regards,

Kami Huang

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can share with your schematic?

0 Kudos

KamiHuang
Contributor I

Hello Guanwei,

I had provide schematic in the previous reply message.You can also see the attachments. Both documents are the same.

Best Regards,

Kami Huang

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please firstly  debug PFC following AN11801 page99-12.3.2 PFC only operation,then debug the LLC part next.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos