cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC PF8x00 OTP Config for i.MX8QXP

YK7
Contributor I

Hi,

With reference to i.MX8 QuadXPlus processor and LPDDR4 memory configuration, the possible available pre-program PMIC p/n choices found in datasheet are with OTP ID as FJ and DE.

For these pre-programmed PMIC, may I know is/are there any advantages or functional related reason that outputs of both SW3 and SW4 are default turned off? According NXP MEK EVM for i.MX 8QXP, they are connecting to VDD_GPU and VDD_A35/CPU respective voltage rails of processor.

If I would like to include them as part of power sequencing (probably last 2 to be enabled) in the PMIC instead of manually turn them on using software, is there any timing etc. config considerations I need to take note on?

Rdgs,
YK

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

SaravananDhamotharan
Contributor I

Any custom form is available for PF8201 ?

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

SW3 and SW4 are default turned off on OTP ID as FJ and DE as per customer requirements.

If you want to include them in as part of the power sequencing, I recommend you to OTP program your PMIC.

We have a programming adapter for it:  PF8200/PF8100 Programming Board | NXP 

This works together with the FlexGUI software.

You can use this tool to program the custom OTP on un-programmed PF8200 samples.

The PF8x00 Custom OTP request form can be download from the following link:

https://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/pmics-and-sbcs/pmics/12-channel-power-management-integ...

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos

YK7
Contributor I

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the info.

Is it possible to share the PF8x00_A0_CONFIG_FILE.txt file on one of the above OTP ID which I could import into the Custom OTP Request Form Rev3.12 and baseline on to modify/add-on the small changes I need, thereafter re-generate a new TBB file and test out on my card later? Understand there are OTP configuration documents available online for those specific pre-programmed PMIC, I just find it would be safer to work on a proven working existing OTP configuration rather than cross reference from the document and manually assign all the Mirror OTP register settings.

Rdgs,
YK

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, you can import a configuration file into the Custom OTP Request Form and use it as reference and do the required modifications and save this as the new OTP configuration that can be used for your PMICs.

However, I cannot share the PF8x00_A0_CONFIG_FILE.txt because the version A0 is a non programmed version of the PMIC. Please check Table 2 on page 2 of the device datasheet (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/PF8100_PF8200.pdf) or the files under “Supporting Information” in the following link (https://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/pmics-and-sbcs/pmics/12-channel-power-management-integ...)  to find all the preprogrammed OTP versions of the PMIC.

Let me know which config file you need and I’ll sent it.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos

YK7
Contributor I

Hi Jose,

As I had yet decided which PF8x00 to use, may I request for both config text file of OTP program ID with FJ (i.e. p/n: MC33PF8100FJES) and DE (i.e. MC33PF8200DEES)?

Thank you.

Rdgs,
YK

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Find them attached.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos