OCP about TEA1755

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCP about TEA1755

Scottttt
Contributor I

I find that TEA1755 have both of over current protection and over power protection functions in datasheet.

In fact, I already complete a sample power supply and the OCP, OPP can also excute perfectly. When I increase the load to about 140% nominal value, the OPP excute and the output voltage will go down slowly. After that, the load was increased continuously and reach to about 145% load, the OCP excute and the output voltage go down to zero instantaneously.

But my question is, all I need is the OCP function. It means may be the limit value of OPP should be lifted but the OCP will not change. I tried to change RS2, RSS2, RS3, CSS2, Rsense2 and RFBAUX which are defined in datasheet. the OPP always excute and both the limit value of OPP and OCP will be reduced and lifted simultaneously. Are there some problems with my method?

datasheet: https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/data-sheet/TEA1755LT.pdf  

0 Kudos
1 Reply

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Jiawang Ma,

by the RS2, RSS2, RS3, CSS2, Rsense2 and RFBAUX, the OPP protection is set, by setting the maximum flyback converter peak current. If you change the OPP of the flyback, the OCP of the flyback will also change.

JozefKozon_2-1638265309102.png

There is another possibility to set the overcurrent protection, by changing the value of Rsense1 resistor. 

JozefKozon_0-1638265217398.png

JozefKozon_1-1638265235128.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos