Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP's PMIC recommendation

Jump to solution
shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Dear team,

I do have a customer who needs a tiny PMIC component (under 3X3mm) with a default DC/DC buck out of 1.2v with at least 200mA and there should be another DC/DC buck output with 1.8v and LDO of 3.3v (up to 100mA),

the minimum output needs are two DC/DC buck (for 1.2v and 1.8v ~200mA) and one LDO (3.3V for MCU and Sensors)

Could you please advise any recommendation for suitable PMIC from NXP selection?

BTW, the PCA9420 was selected and the beginning of the design, but due to fact that the pmic starts with a value of 1v on the DC/DC buck (by default) and not 1.2v the customer could not start his FPGA and can not configure the outputs as needed. maybe the PCA9460 could be suit but I do not have the full datasheet in order to know what are the default setting/outputs

Waiting for your kind feedback, thanks in advance.

KR,

Shai 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shai,

yes, the samples for the PCA9460 should be available. Unfortunately I don't have an access to them. Please ask your direct contact in NXP for the samples. The CSR (Customer Sales Representative).

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Shai,

the PCA9460 is indeed suitable for your customer's application. Buck1 is by default 1.8V and all Buck and LDO regulators are ON by default. 

JozefKozon_0-1634017212392.pngJozefKozon_1-1634017251166.png

The PCA9460 datasheet is confidential and I am not allowed to share it here. Please create a ticket here and me or one of my colleague will share the PCA9460 with you. Or please download the datasheet from this link

JozefKozon_2-1634017514416.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
shai_b
Senior Contributor II

@JozefKozon Hello,

That's such great news the PCA9460C looks ideal solution, could you please advise if there is a sample available?

BTW, I already requested the datasheet and I am waiting for your approval.

Thanks and regards,

Shai  

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shai,

yes, the samples for the PCA9460 should be available. Unfortunately I don't have an access to them. Please ask your direct contact in NXP for the samples. The CSR (Customer Sales Representative).

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
shai_b
Senior Contributor II

@JozefKozon, Thank you so much.

Could you please advise when I will get the full datasheet (It already has passed 48 hours when I have requested)?

my email is: shai.b@telsys.co.il

Waiting for your kind help, Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Shai

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shai,

I have successfully downloaded the datasheet from the link. But unfortunately I am not allowed to share confidential documents here on the community. We are also not allowed to share our email addresses with customers. If I would send you the datasheet directly, I would violate it. Please create a new case here and me, or one of my colleagues will share the datasheet with you. I believe this is the fastest way.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos