cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPF0100 mask F9 for i.MX6 QuadPlus with 3.3V I/O

christopheniclaes
Contributor I

Hello, 

I've a design where I want to use i.MX6 QuadPlus powered with MMPF0100.

In my design I don't need 1.8V since all my I/Os are using 3.3V. Since I don't want to program a specific version of the PMIC in order to change the output of SW4 from 1.8V to 3.3V, I'm going to use an external DC/DC.

First question: My solution is to enable this DC/DC at state sequence state 7 (such as SW4). As VGEN6 is also started at state 7, I(m going to use the output of VGEN6 (2.8V) to enable my external DC/DC. Can I do that? Do you see any issue?

Second question: if I don't need SW4, I can (as written in the datasheet) leave it floating. Can I be sure that the sequencing won't be stopped if  SW4 never enter its regulation state? Is the sequencing fixed-time or do the PMIC wait each time for each converter to be OK before going to the next sequence state?

Third question: if I change my mind and want to use a non-programmed PMIC and program it onboard or off-board, could you give me the programming file of mask F9 in order for me to change only the output voltage of SW4?

Fourth question: in AN4536 isolation of I2C bus seams to be required for onboard programming. Do you confirm that using the PF0100 with an i.MX Dual, Quad, DualPlus or QuadPlus requires this isolation (depending of the OFF state of the I2C I/Os on the CPU) ? Could you recommend a schematic for onboard programming with these CPUs?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

For your questions please see comment:

1:First question: My solution is to enable this DC/DC at state sequence state 7 (such as SW4). As VGEN6 is also started at state 7, I(m going to use the output of VGEN6 (2.8V) to enable my external DC/DC. Can I do that? Do you see any issue?

[gw]That's difficult for setting state7 about your external DC-DC,you can set it as first or last one but difficult for setting in middle about the SEQ.

Second question: if I don't need SW4, I can (as written in the datasheet) leave it floating. Can I be sure that the sequencing won't be stopped if  SW4 never enter its regulation state? Is the sequencing fixed-time or do the PMIC wait each time for each converter to be OK before going to the next sequence state?

[gw]If you don't need SW4,you can float it,that's sequencing is not stop.

Third question: if I change my mind and want to use a non-programmed PMIC and program it onboard or off-board, could you give me the programming file of mask F9 in order for me to change only the output voltage of SW4?

[gw]You can refer to OTP application note --AN4536 for more detail step.

Fourth question: in AN4536 isolation of I2C bus seams to be required for onboard programming. Do you confirm that using the PF0100 with an i.MX Dual, Quad, DualPlus or QuadPlus requires this isolation (depending of the OFF state of the I2C I/Os on the CPU) ? Could you recommend a schematic for onboard programming with these CPUs?

[gw]For on board OTP I suggest you read file-KTPFSWUG4 for more detail setting.

0 Kudos