Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC34709VC for i.MX53

Jump to solution
ChetanSoni
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Team,

One of our customer is migrating from DA9053 to MC34709 and have some queries, mentioned below.
Kindly support on the same.

1. With default pre-programmed settings of the MC34709, can i.MX53 power up?
  2. If internal RTC is not used, what should be done with the XTAL pins?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please see the answers bellow:

1. Yes, with the default pre-programmed settings of the MC34709, can i.MX53 power up but the customer has to configure the Power-up Mode Select pins PUMSx. Please find more information datasheet section 7.1 and in the application note AN4604.

2. If internal RTC is not used, as the XTAL pins are inputs, suggest customer connect each of them to GND with 10kOhm pull-down resistor if not used.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please see the answers bellow:

1. Yes, with the default pre-programmed settings of the MC34709, can i.MX53 power up but the customer has to configure the Power-up Mode Select pins PUMSx. Please find more information datasheet section 7.1 and in the application note AN4604.

2. If internal RTC is not used, as the XTAL pins are inputs, suggest customer connect each of them to GND with 10kOhm pull-down resistor if not used.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
ChetanSoni
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Erika,

Yes, it was helpful. Thanks for response.

0 Kudos
ChetanSoni
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Erika,

The customer has implemented the schematics, for MC34709, and need to get them reviewed. Kindly suggest how to share the schematics for review.

0 Kudos
ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please ask your customer to submit a ticket and attach the schematic. https://www.nxp.com/support/support:SUPPORTHOME

0 Kudos