Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p1010rdb 1588 SGMII

Jump to solution
jiajia
Contributor I

Hi everybody

I use p1010rdb as a clock synchronization by GPS,p1010rdb needs to receive a serial port and the Pulse Per Second(PPS),I use 1588 _trig_in1 as PPS receive pin and hardware record PPS receive timestamp,so etsec1 need to work in SGMII mode.

now my question is How do I set the etsec1 to SGMII, started 1588 _trig_in1 pin multiplexing, whether there is other way to receive the PPS.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The cfg_io_ports wich are sampled on power reset are responsible for interface selection of eTSEC1. See Table 4-14. SerDes I/O port and protocol selection and Table 4-15. eTSEC Interface Selection in the P1010 reference manual (it is available on the NXP site). Interface selection of eTSEC1 also controls the RGMII/1588 multiplexing. When SGMII is selected for eTSEC1 the muxed pins are set as 1588 signals.

There is no details what do you mean as way to receive the PPS. If high precision is required than using the 1588 external trigger input is the best way from my point of view.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The cfg_io_ports wich are sampled on power reset are responsible for interface selection of eTSEC1. See Table 4-14. SerDes I/O port and protocol selection and Table 4-15. eTSEC Interface Selection in the P1010 reference manual (it is available on the NXP site). Interface selection of eTSEC1 also controls the RGMII/1588 multiplexing. When SGMII is selected for eTSEC1 the muxed pins are set as 1588 signals.

There is no details what do you mean as way to receive the PPS. If high precision is required than using the 1588 external trigger input is the best way from my point of view.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jiajia
Contributor I

thanks every mach!!

0 Kudos