Where is physically located the ETSEC1 port in the p2020rdb-pca board? I can see ETSEC2 and ETSEC3 ports in the back, but not ETSEC0.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is physically located the ETSEC1 port in the p2020rdb-pca board? I can see ETSEC2 and ETSEC3 ports in the back, but not ETSEC0.

victorgomez
Contributor II

Hi all,

I got a p2020rdb-pca board, where I am trying to load a VxWorks 6.9.4.2 kernel image. So far I managed to change the bootloader from U-boot to VxWorks boot loader. All is good.

Howwever, I need to use the network to tftp the kernel, and WindRiver BSP instructions state I gotta use the interface motsec0, which is associated with ETSEC1 port. But looking at the board, I only see ETSEC2 and ETSEC3 ports in the back. There is not ETSEC1 at all. Do you know where should I plug my Etherne cable so that I can tftp my kernel with no problems?

Thanks!
Victor.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to schematic, TSEC1 is connected to Vitesse switch (and to AR8021 phy which is not populated on this board).

Vitesse switsh ports are P4-1, P4-2, P5-1, P5-2

Vitesse switch requires Vitesse firmware to be uploaded to the switch before using.

0 Kudos

victorgomez
Contributor II

Alexander,

It works now! I connected it to P4 after rebuilding my kernel also with the INCLUDE_END driver, and it works now :smileyhappy:

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

victorgomez
Contributor II

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the response! I checked in the back ob the board, and I see ports p4, p5, p6 and p7. These are for RJ-45 ethernet ports. Then, on the left, there are another two, separated from these, which are ETSEC 2 and ETSEC 3, And then, on the right, you find the serial ports, which are actuaally also RJ-45, UART1 and UART2. The BSP says that there are three interfaces, and when I list the interfaces with the VxWorks bootloader, it says motetsec0, motetsec1 and motetsec2, and the BSP info says that motetsec0 is associated with ETSEC1, motetsec1 associated with ETSEC2 and motetsec2 with ETSEC3.

So I tried chosing in the bootloader motetsec1, and plugging the cable to ETSEC2 port...and didnt work... Not sure why. ANd it gives this error:FTP transfer failed

Error loading file: errno = 0x33.

0 Kudos