Difference between the P5040DS and P5040RDB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between the P5040DS and P5040RDB?

kenmoore
Contributor II

What is the difference between these two boards from the software perspective?  Should anything that references the DS work on the RDB, eg. the image file QorIQ_SDK_V2.0_P5040DS_20160527_NOR_Flash.bin ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The image file QorIQ_SDK_V2.0_P5040DS_20160527_NOR_Flash.bin will not work on the RDB. Unfortunately the SDK 2.0 does not support the P5040RDB.

The P5040RDB is shipped with a prebuilt u-boot/Linux image programmed in flash memory. The system includes a Linux board support package (BSP).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nickb537
Contributor I

I have an P5040 RDB which has had its boot configuration changed and no longer boots. I believe this is limited to just the bootenv. Is there documentation about the u-boot configuration that ships with the P5040 RDB?

0 Kudos