cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing Mifare classic 1k card using OM26630FDK AND NXP NFC COCKPIT

suhas_badve1
Contributor I

Hi 

We are using OM26630FDK AND NXP NFC COCKPIT to evaluate CLRC663 Plus chip.

We are able to check UID if Mifare cliassic 1k card using the kit and NFC cockpit software.

now we want to read Mifare classic 1K card E2prom and write in the Mifare classic 1K card.

but we are not getting any sequece or procedure to follow to read /write in Mifare classic card using 

OM26630FDK AND NXP NFC COCKPIT. Please guide us and share the steps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @suhas_badve1

Hope you are doing well.

Please, consider that MIFARE Classic EV1 1K - 4K is not recommended for new designs. Instead, we recommend using our MIFARE® DESFire® Light IC.

Supported operations in NFC Cockpit are described in the NXP NFC Cockpit User Guide.

For Read/Write operations using MIFARE Classis, please consider using the NFC Reader Library. This library provides an API that facilitates the most common operations required in NFC applications such as reading or writing data. It includes an example of the implementation of MIFARE Classic.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

suhas_badve1
Contributor I
Hi ,

How can we initiate reading /writing data in mifare classic card from NXP NFC cockpit. I understood how we check UID, but unable to understand how we can write data in Card ot read data from card using nxp NFC cockpit utility.
0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Perhaps you could use the Data Exchange as illustrated in the NXP NFC Cockpit User Guide, Figure 43. However, there may not be any document or guide that could meet your requirements, this data exchange should be based on the commands from ISO/IEC 14443 Type-A.

Additionally, I would recommend you taking a look at the RFIDDiscover software. This tool can be used for MIFARE devices and allows to access and handle any MIFARE family chip and data processing feature.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

suhas_badve1
Contributor I
Thanks for the input.
Does RFID Discover software works with OM26630FDK.
We have this board so that we can test the app with this kit
0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You can find the supported readers in the RFIDDiscover product page. Please notice that there might be some differences depending on the software version (Lite/Full).

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos