Will "PCA9956BTWY" drive single LED on each port?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will "PCA9956BTWY" drive single LED on each port?

krishnamoorthip1984
Contributor I

I am using LED Driver "PCA9956BTWY" from NXP. This device drives 24 channel LED o/p. From datasheet, I understood that, this device is suitable for series of LEDs on each channel. But I want to drive single LED on each channel Output. Will this device drives single LED?. If so, what is the circuit configuration I have to do?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you. Thank you for using the NXP communities.

You are correct, the following configuration can be used for controlling LEDs in series.

diazmarin09_0-1683049856653.png

If you want to control a single LED on each output, it absolutely possible. You may following the same configuration. I mean, instead of controlling LEDs in series, you may place it individually at the output (LEDx).

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

krishnamoorthip1984
Contributor I

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply, Your understanding about single LED connected on each port is correct. It is good news for me this device can drive single LED on each port. Along with LED I have connected series resistors. Based on light intensity for 75% duty cycle, I will fine tune these series resistor value. Hope this configuration will work. Correct me if this configuration is wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Krishnamoorthi P

0 Kudos