Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDA8026 Cake80xxMBA board support

pyt351
Contributor I

Hi @channel 
Greetings

I have TDA8026(CAKE8026_02-D) based CAKE80xx_MBA_01_D board and am not able to find any support materials and examples for the interface on the web or on NXP site and community.
Kindly help us by providing the support for the following
1. Library Example for testing the working of board
2. IDE for running the library example
3. Programming guide to run the library example

Thanks and Regards
Pyt

0 Kudos
3 Replies

pyt351
Contributor I

Hi @danielchen 

We are looking for interfacing the SAM CAKE8026_D_02 board and trying to read the product version. We have connected the Vdd and Vddi pins to 3.3 V and I2c pins to host controller. We are not able to communicate with the board. As referred to the datasheet we are finding that the device is in standby mode(consuming 300Ua current). Kindly help us to solve this issue.
1. How to enter the active mode of the controller
2. Is there any particular sequence to activate and use the TDA8026
3. Can we test only the I2C communication without connecting the ISO UART pins?

Awaiting your support in this regard at the earliest.
Thanks and Regards
pyt

0 Kudos

pyt351
Contributor I

Hi @danielchen 
Thanks for your reply, here we are trying to understand how the device is going to work. As per our understanding the TDA8026 authenticates the card that is being inserted in the card slot with one of the 4 sim slot inserted into the device. Are we correct. We have some more queries:
1. The ISO7816-3 default specifies a baud rate of 9600 with default values Fi-372,Di-1 within clock range 1-5 Mhz. We have a requirement to tune this speed from 9600 to say 1Mbps by program. Could you please share some guidance on this aspect on how is this achievable.
2. The Cake_80xx_MBA board + Cake8026_Daughter Board that we are using as a reference has a TDA8007 IC that is used as ISO7816 UART(as per our understanding). So when we are porting to another controller which has a SmartCardUART interface(ISO7816-3 Based) should we use the TDA8007 in connection to TDA8026 for communicating through UART ISO7816(the attached table shows that TDA8026 doesn't have an inbuilt ISO UART)

pyt351_0-1683613695797.png

Thanks for your continued support.
Thanks and Regards

pyt

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @pyt351 

The motherboard you would need to operate the Cake8026 board and the software for it would be just the SRCTester (basically a terminal program) where you can send ALPAR commands to operate the TDA.  But it is not maintained for many years.

I would suggest you refer to User manual for contact smart card reader chips 

https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/user-guide/UM10349.pdf

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos