cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second/third hand MKL25Z128

offin
Contributor III

Hello,

There is no available stock for this IC and lead time is very long.

We have the possibility to buy some old units. They are from year 2013, which means they already had one or two lifes, and they have been unsoldered one or two times.

I was not able to find informations about life time, or max number of FLASH access, or anything which could let me know if these ICs can have one more live.

Any info regarding that would be welcome.

Regards.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @offin 

Many thanks for your patience.

Hoping you find well, and answering to your question, there is no way to know how many times the component was unsoldered or accessed to flash memory. My suggestion is to do a memory dump with a debugger such as Segger J-Flash tool and P&E PROG for ARM Cortex Device tool, or using Flash Magic Tool and in case that you are thinking to use this parts and hope can live for several years, a baking process may be needed to extract moisture from the component before soldering it again.

Hoping this information is helpful, please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

offin
Contributor III

Hello,

Well noted.

Thank you for the tips.

BTW, i am not able to find function "memory dump" with the PC software "MCUXpresso IDE" and the USB probe "MCU-Link".

Shall i have to buy another USB probe to do that ?

Regards.

Eric

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @offin 

Thank you for the kudo! And for your patience too.

If you have MCU-Link, it is very easy to do a memory dump. You should check the attached guide to do it using your USB probe "MCU-Link".

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

offin
Contributor III

Thank you for the tip.

So it looks like another PC software like "Codewarrior" is required for that.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @offin 

Thanks for your reply.

Essentially, it is pretty similar to MCUXpresso, so it is not necessary to have CodeWarrior to do it.

Please let me know if you have more concerns.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

offin
Contributor III

Hello,

Well noted.
Until now, i was searching this function in the "GUI Flash Tool" window and i was not able to find how to do this. But i will search again.

Regards.

0 Kudos