cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC79100 documentation

triss64738
Contributor I

Hi,

During the holidays, my dad asked me to fix an old device of his. There doesn't seem to be any visible damage (eg. leaking caps or corrosion on the PCB), so I wanted to check if all the ICs on it are still functioning correctly. However, for many of these chips I can't find any documentation whatsoever. (The device is from '93). One of these unknown chips is a SC79100 (photo attached below), which bears a Motorola logo. As this chip seems to be from 1992, I presume the IP has now ended up at either NXP or Nexperia. As the latter hasn't answered my questions about the chip yet, I doubt they have much. Does anyone happen to know anything about this chip?

Thanks

Photo of the chip:

SC79100P DIP-20 chip on a single-sided PCB, between a number of capacitors and other through-hole componentsSC79100P DIP-20 chip on a single-sided PCB, between a number of capacitors and other through-hole components

0 Kudos
1 Reply

triss64738
Contributor I

Small update: looks like the IP might now be at Onsemi? There's an obsolescence notice here listing very similar part numbers, but I can't find anything on the Onsemi website either. I've contacted their support, but they don't seem to know about it either.

0 Kudos