cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation for a camera CPU

Jump to solution
seobi
Contributor I

I am currently working on a camera-related project.

Could you recommend a model among NXP's CPUs that meets the following three conditions?

1. CMOS sensor interface (CSI) of rt1060
2. MIPI-CSI2 interface of i.MX 8M
3. 1G Ethernet interface

Best regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can contact local DFAE, the third party company would offer such board and SW for your reference, for SW, you can refer to this

https://github.com/nxp-imx/linux-imx/blob/lf-6.1.y/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what is your detailed use case? and what do you need? I'm confused with your request

0 Kudos
seobi
Contributor I

I'm looking for a CPU that supports the following three interfaces:

CMOS sensor interface + MIPI-CSI2 interface + Gigabit Ethernet

I need to integrate cameras that use the CMOS sensor interface and MIPI-CSI2 interface. (I will be using two cameras.)

I plan to use Gigabit Ethernet as the external interface.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what kind of camera do you need connect? csi is controller and mipi csi is interface, current imx8mq and imx8mm use mipi csi interface and csi controller, so I don't know what kind dual camera you need connect, if you mean mipi csi, you can use imx8mp, which has dual mipi csi, but imx8mp use ISI or ISP, so pls give more detailed about your camera information

0 Kudos
seobi
Contributor I

We need a CMOS sensor interface (CSI) like RT1060. To connect a special camera,
we need pixclk, vsync, hsync, and 16-bit data line.

We also need the MIPI-CSI2 interface (like i.MX 8M) to connect a regular camera.

Let me add another question.

Can the CMOS sensor interface of the RT1060 be implemented in the i.MX8M series?

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

ok, you should mean parallel camera port, you can refer to imx6q or imx8qxp

i.MX Applications Processors | Multicore based on 32-bit and 64-bit Arm | NXP Semiconductors

0 Kudos
seobi
Contributor I

Thank you for your help.

Among the CPUs you recommended, the i.MX6Quad aligns with our concept.

Is there an EVK utilizing the i.MX6Quad that includes both Parallel CSI and MIPI-CSI?

Additionally, are there any EVKs that can be controlled using firmware (C/C++) rather than operating system?

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can contact local DFAE, the third party company would offer such board and SW for your reference, for SW, you can refer to this

https://github.com/nxp-imx/linux-imx/blob/lf-6.1.y/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi

0 Kudos