RDDRONE FMUK66 RC Transmitter Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDDRONE FMUK66 RC Transmitter Issue

loganlamm17
Contributor II

I was working on the Vehicle Setup after connecting the PX4 to the QGroundController Software, and I ran into an issue where the RC Transmitter cable causes the FMU to turn off when I plug it in. Thus, this prevents me from binding to the radio receiver and completing the Vehicle Setup for flight. I believe this is due to a short in the cable where there was some exposed wire. Once I remove the cable from the FMU, all the other pieces of hardware are fully functional. I am trying to get a new wire from the Packing List, item number 600-77369, but I can't find any distributor that sells the individual cable. I searched through the NXP website, but I don't want to spend another couple hundred dollars on an entirely new FMU kit for one cable. Is there a way I can get a replacement wire from Hovergames or NXP? I already submitted a ticket via the support icon from NXP and the Hovergames support email.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @loganlamm17 

Thank you for your interest in the NXP kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you.
Do you mention this board:
https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/px4-robotic-drone-vehicle-flight-management-unit-vmu-fmu-rddrone-...
You also can refer to the related guider in the webpage.
About your mentioned cable, I don't know which detail cable you mentioned below:
https://www.nxp.com/assets/images/en/photography/RDDRONE-FMUK66-KIT-IMG.jpg
In fact, if it is just the connect the different board, you also can use the normal wire to connect it, just make sure the wire connection is OK.
You mentioned short issues, you can plug off the wire, test it directly, whether the different wire is short with each other.You can do some isolation between the exposure, make sure it is not short with each other.
Wish it helps you!
If you still have issues, you also can give me your issue cable photo to indicate it, as I even don't have your mentioned FMUK66 Kit

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

loganlamm17
Contributor II

Yes, the RDDRONE FMUK66 board used for the PX4 Drone is the one I mentioned in the initial message. The mentioned cable is listed in the Packing List provided by the FMU kit; I've also linked an image of the list with the item number, 600-77369. I am attaching three images: the first is the RC transmitter cable with three pins connected to a 6-pin JST connector, the second is the PX4 FMU will both the RC transmitter cable and the battery connected, the third image is just the battery connected to the FMU. The final image shows all the other pieces of hardware working just fine, so it was simple to narrow down the origin of the issue. The cable has been tapped up with electrical tape to get rid of the exposure, but it still does not work when plugged in. It could either be the transmitter itself or the cable. I already have a new transmitter on the way for replacement, so the final thing needed is the custom cable. From the image you sent, it would be the fourth wire to the right on the top row of the pieces of hardware. 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @loganlamm17 ,

Do you mean, this wire has issues?

kerryzhou_0-1642647527038.png

If yes, you can find a multimeter to test it, whether it disconnected, you even can find another normal wire to replace the issue wire, it is very simple.

Or you mean other wire in the following picture?

kerryzhou_1-1642647620498.png

You can mark it, if you lack it when you get the kit, you also can contact the distributor which you buy it.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos