RAppID boot loader error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAppID boot loader error

jongseona
Contributor I

We got error message "Loss Communication with BAM at Password. Check that Password is correct."

"Password Verification failure"

"Initialization Error with BAM. Check Password or Verify Boot Configuration Setting ABS2=1, ABS0=0, FAB=1, Please cycle power and try again."

What's the problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

balachandrakuma
Contributor I

@Lukas Zadrapa

I created my own RAM .rba file for MPC5746C and used RappID tool for downloading this rba file into RAM.(I renamed this rba file as MPC5534.rba and use MPC5534 configuration to pass the file) The downloading completes successfully everytime, but it seems like things are not copied to SRAM. I check the location from 0x40000000 , i see some "???????" or some random values. And the code execution remains at BAF. I tried giving different interframe delay between the bytes and still things appear same. Is it that i can never be able to use BAF for downloading the bootloader at all? What is the type of BAM i have to specify? (only type 1 works with MPC5746C). Is there a specific interframe time that i need to use? Please help. 

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

which device do you have? Devices with C90LC flash require swapping of the password. You can find note in reference manual like this:

"When the SSCM reads the passwords from flash memory, the NVPWD0 and NVPWD1 password order is swapped, so

you have to submit the 64-bit password as {NVPWD1, NVPWD0}."

So, it can be necessary to use password CAFEBEEFFEEDFACE instead of FEEDFACECAFEBEEF.

Best Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

balachandrakuma
Contributor I

Hi Lukas, 

I am trying the BAF serial boot method for MPC5746C and i am facing issue with password and baudrate. I am selecting the defualt password and i have tried all baud combinations. I have also verified that the microcontroller is in BAF by writing other than 005A in rchw location and also verified that control is running in BAF mem location by using JTAG. The life cycle status reg is customer delivery. Still the BAF doesnt accept any password and data. Do you think there could be other things going wrong ? by connecting only LIN_TX to usb serial cable i was able to see the trace window displaying the programming till 100% to SRAM occasionally. But 99% times i failed to see the communication. Need some help here.  

0 Kudos